Service to Business Community of Practice
The mandate of
the Public Sector Service Delivery Council’s (PSSDC) Service to Business Community of Practice is to share information and experiences and identify and act
upon potential solutions that can be used to improve public sector
service delivery to business clients. The Service to Business Community of Practice is comprised of
public sector leaders who have responsibilities for delivering service
to business in their respective jurisdictions. Members represent
federal, provincial/territorial and municipal governments within Canada.
Why work together? #
Across Canada, jurisdictions have recognized the value of taking a
client-centric and a collaborative approach to the design and delivery
of service to business. All three orders of government have demonstrated
the need to:
- support business productivity and competitiveness,
- increase efficiency
- address the increased expectations of
Jurisdictional approaches are aligned along similar
- single window access
- channel management
- simplifying and bundling business-related services
- integrating and harmonizing programs and services.
The objectives of the Service to Business Community of Practice are:
- To collaborate across jurisdictions to share information on the
services provided to business by the three levels of government and to
discuss issues facing business service managers.
- To explore challenges and opportunities for inter-jurisdictional
collaboration to improve service delivery to businesses and reduce
regulatory cost and burden.
- To share best practices and lessons learned in the delivery of public sector services to business.
- To identify and act upon opportunities for action in priority areas,
including developing specific solutions for improving service delivery
to business within and across jurisdictions.
- To promote awareness of existing activities and initiatives
supporting service to business such as BizPaL and the national Business
The four main priorities of the Service to Business Community of Practice are:
- Promote adoption and use of the Business Number
- Promote Service Bundling for Business
- Promote engagement with stakeholders and partners
- Identify opportunities for Open Data for business
Please click here to access the full repository of the Service to Business Community of Practice. Access is granted to members’ only. Password required.